Continuous Level Measurement
The SONO-1000 is a single tank ultrasonic sensor. This unit is a compact ultrasonic transmitter designed to measure the level of free flowing solids such as powders and granules. The SONO-1000 microprocessor is a smart level transmitter that offers a 4-20 mA output, and programmable relay. This is a level measurement technology that is a non-contact ultrasonic principle which is based on sonar or sound echo principles. The SONO-1000 is especially suited for applications where physical contact with the material being measured is undesirable.
The SONO-1000 is an ultrasonic level metering technology that is based on the principle of measuring the time required for the ultrasound pulses to make a round trip from the sensor to the level to be measured and back. The sensor emits an ultrasonic pulse train and receives the echoes reflected. The intelligent electronic device processes the received signal by selecting the echo reflected by the surface and calculates from the time of flight the distance between the sensor and the surface which constitutes the basis of all output signals of the SONO-1000.
Compact Ultrasonic Level Sensor
Ideal for single tank applications that may only require one or two ultrasonic sensors. As with other ultrasonic level sensors, the SONO-1000 measures the time required for ultrasound pulses to make a round trip from the sensor to the material and back.
Measuring with Precision
With a narrow beam angle of 5 degrees, the SONO-1000 ultrasonic level senor is able to focus on a specific point within the vessel to determine the level; it has a maximum measuring distance of 98 ft (30 m).
Applications: Single vessel, non-contact solution for dry bulk solids
- Power Requirements: Model U1-33-A: 85 to 255 VAC; Model U1-33-D: 11.4 to 40 VDC, 11.4 to 28 VAC
- Power ConsumptionModel U1-33-A: (50/60 Hz) / 6.8 VA; Model U1-33-D: 4.1 W, 11.4 to 28 V AC (50/60 Hz) / 4.6 VA
- Operating Temperature: Electronics -22º to 140º F (-30º to 60º C)
- Output Relay: SPDT, 250 V AC / 3 A, non-inductive
- Maximum Measuring Range: 98 ft (30 m)
- Minimum Measuring Range: 2 ft (0.6 m)
- Beam Angle: 5º
- Pressure Rating: 0.7 to 1.1 bar
- Frequency: 30 kHz
- Accuracy: ± 0.2% of the measured distance plus 0.05% of range
- Enclosure Material, Rating: Powder paint coated aluminium, IP67
- Conduit Entries: (2) 1/2” NPT; (2) M20 x 1.5
- Process Connection: 8” (343 mm) flange; 6” (280 mm) flange
Ideal for filling and emptying bins and for accurate inventory management
Used with free flowing solids, display level, volume or weight calculations and achieve reliable, non-contact measurement of dry bulk solids.
Documents & Files